Hazardous chemical records and signs for workplaces

Signs and records tell your workers and visitors about the hazardous chemicals you have at your workplace. 

If you have hazardous chemicals in your workplace, under the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations you must have: 

  • a register, recording any amount of hazardous chemicals 

  • signs (placards) to tell people about the chemical’s dangers 

  • manifests and placards for chemicals over a certain amount to help emergency services.

Supporting information