Comparing Australian and New Zealand workers’ compensation
We release a biennial report comparing Australia and New Zealand’s workers’ compensation arrangements:
- Comparison of Workers’ Compensation arrangements in Australia and New Zealand 2021
- Comparison of Workers’ Compensation arrangements in Australia and New Zealand 2019 (superseded)
We release a summary of workers’ compensation scheme developments on alternate years to the Comparison report:
The Compensation policy and return to work effectiveness (COMPARE) Project builds evidence to improve return to work policy and practice in Australia.
The COMPARE project was established in 2015 and is a national study which aims to develop evidence that can help improve return to work policy and practice in Australia.
The project is led by the Insurance Work and Health Research Group (IWH) at Monash University, with Safe Work Australia contributing to funding the project through a Commonwealth Grant.
For further information and access to the project’s reports, presentation and journal articles please refer to the COMPARE Project’s website at returntowork.net.
- National Return to Work Strategy 2020-2030
- National dataset for compensation-based statistics
- National Return to Work Survey 2018
- Australian workers’ compensation statistics 2018-19
- Comparison of workers’ compensation arrangements in Australia and New Zealand
- Comparative performance monitoring reports
- Australian Workers’ Compensation statistics