Many people have jobs that require them to work outside. As a worker, you may be exposed to health and safety risks due to the hazards from working outside. The following can make working outside hazardous:
Information on this page will assist workers understand the risks of working outside and the duties of their employer.
- Detailed guidance on managing the risks of the work environment is in the model Code of Practice: Managing the work environment and facilities.
- Check out BOM for weather warnings and forecasts, heatwave warnings, and the predicted UV index for where you are working.
- For information on heat and sun exposure, see Guide on exposure to solar ultraviolet radiation and Guide for managing the risks of working in heat.
- For general guidance for Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs), see the Worker representation and participation guide.
- For leave and employee entitlements see the Fair Work Ombudsman website