SafeTea emphasises the importance of involving everyone in WHS discussions by encouraging workplaces to grab a cuppa and have a safety chat.
How you can take part
If tea is not your thing, why not plan a safety themed:
- SafeTradie or toolbox talk
- SafeTeam event
- SafeTeams virtual catch up
How to plan your chat
Follow these steps and plan a SafeTea chat at work:
- Download resources, including
- Follow us on social media to keep updated with new information and materials.
- Share your photos with us using the hashtags #SafeTea #SafeWorkMonth- the best ones will feature in our people’s choice LinkedIn showcase!
October is National Safe Work Month, a month dedicated to building community awareness and knowledge of work health and safety.
Resources about consultation
Safe Work Australia resources:
- Consultation webpage
- Infographic: Consultation duties for PCBUs
- Infographic: How to consult with workers
- Infographic: Health and safety representatives
- Identify, assess and control hazards
- Model Code of Practice: Work health and safety consultation, cooperation and coordination
- Model WHS Act
- Model WHS Regulations