Safe Work Australia uses social media to share latest information on our policies and publications, and to enable two-way conversations and feedback.
We operate the following social media accounts
Social media community standards
Safe Work Australia hosts social media channels on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. The community standards set out the behaviours required of its users by Safe Work Australia. The standards are additional to any user policy, or terms and conditions, imposed by the host social media platforms used by Safe Work Australia.
Safe Work Australia welcomes comments and posts on its social media channels, however users should apply common sense when doing so.
As a user of Safe Work Australia’s social media channels, you may express your views, comments, ideas, insights, and criticisms about Safe Work Australia. However, you must also show courtesy and respect to others.
In particular, when using Safe Work Australia’s social media channels, please:
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information of either yourself or of others in your posts (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- include only internet addresses or links to websites and resources relevant to work health and safety
- do not include any email addresses
- do not post material that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent
- represent your own views
- do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person or organisation
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- do not offer personal insults against individuals
- do not post defamatory or libellous material
- only post material that you have a legal right to post (for example, material that does not infringe the intellectual property rights of others and material that is not confidential)
- do not post material identifying matters that are either the subject of current legal proceedings or that would breach a court’s non-publication order
- do not post multiple versions of your post or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- do not post material that is irrelevant to the topic being discussed
- do not post material that advertises, offers or promotes commercial interests
- do not post political material or content
- do not post material encouraging conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability or that would otherwise violate any Australian or overseas law
- do not post any material that is obscene, offensive, vulgar or violent
- do not post material that incites, induces, aids, assists, promotes, causes, instructs or permits violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others
- do not post material that is likely to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate others on the basis of any personal characteristic, including but not limited to: religion, colour, race, ethnicity, gender identity, marital or domestic status, sexual preference, age or any disability, and
- otherwise comply with the community standards.
Safe Work Australia reserves the right to enforce these community standards at its discretion. Safe Work Australia may remove any posted messages that it considers to be in breach of the standards, including without consultation with the user or further review. Safe Work Australia may also block or delete you as a user if Safe Work Australia considers that you have breached the standards.
Safe Work Australia may change the community standards at any time.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact Safe Work Australia via email email@example.com.
Safe Work Australia is not responsible nor is it liable for, and does not endorse, the privacy practices of social media platforms that host Safe Work Australia’s social media channels (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) or any linked websites.
Safe Work Australia records all information posted to its social media channels and uses that information for the purposes of administering those channels as well as considering and addressing any comments made. We will not make any further attempt to identify individuals except where authorised or required by law.
Please visit Safe Work Australia’s website for our full Privacy notice.
Your use of Safe Work Australia’s social media channels and any linked websites is at your own risk.
Views expressed on Safe Work Australia’s social media channels by anyone other than Safe Work Australia are not the views of Safe Work Australia and Safe Work Australia disclaims all liability for any such views, comments, advertising or other non-Safe Work Australia content.
Safe Work Australia does not endorse or control any advertising that may be displayed on Safe Work Australia’s social media channels by the social media platforms hosting Safe Work Australia’s social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube).
Safe Work Australia reserves the right to remove comments at its discretion, taking into account the community standards.
Safe Work Australia strives to review the content on its social media channels on a regular basis. However, there may be times when content not meeting Safe Work Australia’s community standards appears on Safe Work Australia’s social media channels.