Model Code of Practice: Managing risks of hazardous chemicals in the workplace
This model Code of Practice has been developed to provide practical guidance on how to manage health and safety risks associated with hazardous chemicals for persons conducting a business or undertaking who use chemicals in their workplace.
Use this model Code of Practice if you are a person conducting a business or undertaking and you:
- manage the health and safety risks of hazardous chemicals
- manufacture, import or supply hazardous chemicals
- use, handle, generate or store hazardous chemicals at your workplace.
This model Code applies to all types of work and all workplaces covered by the model Work Health and Safety Act. The code covers:
- workplace exposure standards
- hazardous chemical registers
- safety data sheets
- health monitoring
- emergency plans
- ways to control risk
This model Code does not apply to transporting dangerous goods or explosives.
Check with your WHS regulator to find out if this Code of Practice has legal effect in your jurisdiction.