Health monitoring when you work with hazardous chemicals guide


Download DOCX - 650.3 KB
Download PDF - 265.68 KB

This guide is for workers who use hazardous chemicals.  

It explains what you and the person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) responsible for your workplace must do to monitor your health and keep you as safe as possible.    

Everything in this guide is covered by the model Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws. There are special considerations and health monitoring requirements for lead and asbestos

You can find out further information from your: 

  • local WHS regulator 

  • health and safety representative (HSR) 

  • doctor. 

The health monitoring guide collection has specific guides for monitoring workers exposed to certain chemicals. 

There are also health monitoring guides for: 

Publication Date:

Publication type:



Managing health and safety
Hazardous chemicals
Health monitoring