Guide to managing risks of industrial rope access systems
An industrial rope access system is a work positioning system used for gaining access to, and working at, a workface, usually through vertically suspended ropes.
The guide provides information on managing the risks associated with industrial rope access systems, including:
- selection and installation of anchors
- anchor access and layout
- anchor inspection and testing
- rigging techniques
- rope protection, and
- exclusion zones.
This guide is for:
- industrial rope access service providers
- building managers
- building owners
- building body corporates
- principal contractors, and
- other PCBSs at a workplace where an industrial rope access system is used.