This Guide is supported by specific guidance material for:
- growing and managing forests
- cable logging
- coupe and harvesting site access and preparation
- timber harvesting operations
- log landings
- log extraction
- loading, transporting and unloading logs
- infield processing of forest products
- plant and equipment for forestry operations, and
- general hazards in forestry operations.
The Information Sheet: Forestry operations has also been developed to provide advice for small businesses and workers on managing risks in forestry operations.
Definitions used in the forestry material are also provided.
The word ‘should’ is used in these documents to indicate a recommended course of action, while ‘may’ is used to indicate an optional course of action.
The words ‘must’, ‘requires’ or ‘mandatory’ indicate that a legal requirement exists in the WHS laws and must be complied with.
(These documents were published without all accessibility requirements for electronic documents met. Accessible word and PDF versions that meet all accessibility requirements are now available. These versions replace the previous ‘inaccessible’ versions.)