- lists the information we must publish under section 8(2) of the FOI Act
- lists other government information we proactively publish
- describes how we abide by our legal requirements.
Information on our website
The FOI Act requires us to publish certain information about our organisation on our website.
Who we are
Under sections 8(2)(b) and 8(2)(d) of the FOI Act, we are required to publish information about the organisation and structure of the agency. The information is available on the following pages:
- About Safe Work Australia
- Organisational chart
- Safe Work Australia Enterprise Agreement 2019–2022
- Our members
What we do
Under sections 8(2)(c) and 8(2)(j) of the FOI Act, we are required to publish a description of the functions and powers of the agency and operational information (the rules, guidelines, practices and precedents relating to our functions and powers). This information is available on the following pages:
- Our functions
- Who we work with
- Operational plan
- Australian Work Health and Safety Strategy 2012–2022
- National Return to Work Strategy 2020-2030
Our reports and responses to Parliament
Under sections 8(2)(e) and 8(2)(h) of the FOI Act, we are required to publish Annual Reports laid before the Parliament, and other information routinely provided to the Parliament.
Routinely requested information and disclosure log
Under sections 8(2)(g) and 11C of the FOI Act, we are required to publish information to which the agency routinely gives access in response to FOI requests and the disclosure log of information that has been released under the FOI Act.
- The FOI disclosure log lists documents the agency has previously released through FOI requests. Any routinely released information from such requests is found in this FOI disclosure log.
- Our ‘Freedom of information page’ provides further information about how to make a request to the Agency for access to documents under the FOI Act.
Under section 8(2)(f) of the FOI Act, we are required to publish information about consultation arrangements that enable members of the public to comment on specific policy proposals for which we are responsible.
We use consultation platform Engage for public consultation. More details can be found on our public consultations page.
You can contact us about access to agency information or documents requested under the FOI Act by contacting the Freedom of Information Officer on our contact us page.
Other information we publish under the IPS
We also publish other information that we hold (in addition to the information published under section 8(2) of the FOI Act), taking into account the objects of the FOI Act (section 8(4) of the FOI Act). This information relates to our:
- Priorities, for example our Corporate Plan and other corporate publications and resources
- Finances, for example our gifts and benefits register and our procurement complaints page
- Career opportunities
IPS compliance review
In accordance with section 9(1) of the FOI Act, we will review the operation of the IPS as appropriate from time to time, and at least every five years, and update our agency plan as required. Online information, in all formats, is regularly reviewed for currency and accuracy. Outdated information is replaced and archived.
For any enquiries, including feedback about our IPS entry, contact our Freedom of Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org