Model Code of Practice: Managing risks of plant in the workplace
This model Code of Practice provides guidance on managing risks of plant in the workplace.
Use this Code if you:
- manage or control plant in the workplace
- install, construct and commission plant.
Plant is a major cause of work-related death and injury in Australian workplaces.
- implements and tools
- any components of, or anything fitted or connected to, those things.
In this model Code, the word:
- ‘should’ indicates a recommended course of action, and
- ‘may’ means an optional course of action.
The words ‘must’, ‘requires’ or ‘mandatory’ mean that the courses of action are compulsory.
Check with your local regulator to find out if this Code of Practice has legal effect in your jurisdiction.