Australian and other standards - Information sheet
This information sheet helps work health and safety (WHS) duty holders understand Australian and other WHS standards. It provides information about how standards interact with the model WHS Act and WHS Regulations, and covers:
- What is a standard?
- Is conforming to standards mandatory?
- How is compliance with a standard relevant to the WHS laws?
- What if an approved Code of Practice refers to a standard?
- What if a standard is revised?
- Can international standards be used instead of Australian standards?