Our available jobs are advertised on APSjobs. If we don’t have anything available at this time, set up an alert on APSjobs and you will be notified when an opportunity arises. Before applying, read the position description to determine your eligibility (e.g. citizenship requirements and security clearance).
How to apply for a job at Safe Work Australia
When applying for a job please send us:
- a completed application form
- a resume outlining your career history and qualifications, and
- a pitch telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best person for the job.
Your pitch should give a summary (no more than 2 pages) outlining your skills, knowledge and experience, and why you should be considered for the job. When you include examples, you should:
- set the context by describing the situation (what was happening and why you were involved)
- explain your role (what you were doing and how you did it), and
- describe the outcome (what you achieved, the end result and how it relates to the job you are applying for).
Submitting your application
All applications must be e-mailed to email@example.com with the job title you are applying for in the subject line.
All recruitment decisions are merit based. This means that your application will be assessed against all other candidates who applied for the same job. To help get you shortlisted for interview, make sure that your pitch tells the recruitment panel about you—why you are suitable for the position and what makes you stand out from any other candidate. Where possible include specific relevant examples of your work.
We participate in the APS RecruitAbility scheme to support the employment of people with disability. The scheme gives people with disability the opportunity to put forward their skills and experience during the selection process. All our externally advertised vacancies are accessible under the scheme.
When submitting applications, applicants with disability can opt into the RecruitAbility scheme by indicating so in question 4.5 of the application form. Opting into RecruitAbility is voluntary. Learn more about the RecruitAbility scheme.