Build safe and healthy workplaces for young workers and future generations!
Saturday 28 April is World Day for Safety and Health at Work and Workers’ Memorial Day. This is a day for promoting safety and health in the workplace and to honour those who have died from work-related injury or illness.
This year we encourage you to promote Generation Safe and Healthy and highlight the importance of improving safety and healthy for young workers and our generations to come.
Young workers have an increased risk of workplace injury due to their lack of experience, maturity and awareness of WHS responsibilities.
Help create a safe and healthy environment for young workers by:
- providing the right tools and training to complete work safely
- educating young workers about WHS rights and responsibilities, and
- empowering young workers to have the confidence to speak up about safety and healthy in the workplace.
Especially for World Day, we have launched a young workers web page to provide information and resources about building safe and healthy workplaces for young workers.
How to get involved
We encourage you to promote World Day for Safety and Health at Work and Workers’ Memorial Day. To get involved, you can:
- download the resources
- promote World Day in your workplace
- attend local workers’ memorial day events
- share our World Day GIFs
- arrange a safety expert to speak in your workplace
- use #worldWHSday2018 on social media
The following resources will help you promote World Day for Safety and Health at Work and Workers’ Memorial Day:
- A4 poster
- A3 poster
- Desktop background
- Social media post images
- Social media banners
- Resources - full zip file