Young people starting out in the workforce face a range of issues that can affect their decision-making, coping mechanisms and overall mental wellbeing. They are often unaware of their rights and responsibilities at work and need extra support and guidance from managers and peers.
This video provides an insightful look into the minds of young workers. It highlights potential issues they could face in the workplace and identifies gaps where more information and education may be needed.
Who is this seminar for?
This video is ideal for supervisors and managers who employ or who are looking to employ young workers. Young workers themselves may also find them useful.
About the presenters
The videos feature a number of young people who were interviewed while attending a work safety expo hosted by SafeWork NSW.
- Safe Work Australia report: Work-related injuries experienced by young workers in Australia 2009–10
- Safe Work Australia report: Work productivity loss in young workers
- WorkSafe Victoria: Young workers’ safety webpage
- WorkCover Queensland: Young workers’ safety webpage
- SafeWork NSW: At-risk workers webpage