Safe Work Australia has updated its workplace traffic management guidance to include information on working on or near public roads.
When managing traffic on a public road, there are actions you should take to ensure the safety of workers and the public. This could include installation of barriers and warning devices to ensure workers and vehicles stay separated.
Read our workplace traffic management guidance for practical measures on managing the risks of working on public roads:
- Workplace traffic management – general guide
- Traffic management guide – warehousing
- Traffic management guide – events
- Traffic management guide – construction work
- Information sheet – traffic management
This guidance complements information issued by WHS regulators and local road authorities.