Publication Date
Type of content

For workers

If you work with hazardous chemicals, read the Health monitoring when you work with hazardous chemicals guide that explains what you and your PCBU must do to monitor your health and keep you as safe as possible. Everything in this guide is covered by the Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws.


If you are a person conducting a business or undertaking (such as a business owner or workplace operator, referred to as a PCBU), the Health monitoring for persons conducting a business or undertaking guide is for you. It explains what your duties are for monitoring the health of your workers under the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act and WHS Regulations.

For medical practitioners

Registered medical practitioners who are engaged by a PCBU to carry out or supervise health monitoring should read the Health monitoring for registered medical practitioners guide. It provides practical guidance to registered medical practitioners about requirements under the Work Health and Safety (WHS) laws for health monitoring.

These guides are the first of a series of updated and new health monitoring guides that have been published on our website.

To stay informed, subscribe to the ‘Hazardous substances and dangerous goods subscriber list’ or ‘Disease, injury and behavioural issues’ subscriber list.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Please let us know.

Share this page:

Facebook    LinkedIn    Twitter    Email