This information sheet provides general guidance for duty holders on Australian and other standards and how they interact with the model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act and WHS Regulations. It covers:
- What is a Standard?
- Is conforming to Standards mandatory?
- How is compliance with a Standard relevant to the WHS laws?
- What if an approved Code of Practice refers to a Standard?
- What if a Standard is revised?
- Can International Standards be used instead of Australian Standards?
- All duty holders
- Jurisdictional regulators