About this seminar
This Road Transport Industry infographic is a preview of the Road Transport Industry Profile. This infographic is based on the latest data from worker fatalities and workers’ compensation claims, and includes statistics on the nature, circumstances and main causes of injuries and fatalities in this industry.
Who is this seminar for?
Work health and safety professionals, researchers and other stakeholders who are interested in statistics about worker fatalities and serious injuries in the road transport industry. Employers and workers in the road transport industry.
Data from the infographic
- 5,100 workers’ compensation claims accepted per year
- 34 road transport workers died at work in 2015
- 36% reduction in rate of serious claims between 2001–02 and 2014–15
- 34% decrease in rate of fatalities between 2003 and 2015
- 77% fatalities were due to vehicle collisions.
- 92% of road transport fatalities occurred in road freight transport
- Injuries occurred to the following areas
- 21% Back
- 15% Shoulder and upper arm
- 10% Knee and upper leg
- 9% Ankle and lower leg
- 8% Hand, fingers and thumb
- 7% Wrist, elbow and forearm
- Safe Work Australia's Road Transport Industry Profile
- Safe Work Australia, National Data Set for Compensation-based Statistics 2014-15
- Safe Work Australia, Work-related Traumatic Injury Fatalities Data Set 2015