Aged care providers must implement control measures to eliminate or minimise the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of their workers, residents and others at the workplace. This is a requirement under Work Health and Safety laws.
The Australian Government Department of Health has published a range of specific resources on COVID-19 for aged care providers, including those providing in-home care. You should refer to these resources for information about what to do.
Further information is available from:
- Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) - Advice on residential aged care facilities
- Australian Government Department of Health - Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for the health and aged care sector
- Australian Government Department of Health - Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources for health professionals, including aged care providers, pathology providers and healthcare managers
- Australian Government Department of Health - Coronavirus (COVID-19) COVID-19 infection control training
- Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission - COVID-19 (Coronavirus) information
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency - COVID-19 updates
- State and Territory Health Department websites