Operators of educational institutions must implement control measures to eliminate or minimise the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of their workers and others. This is a requirement under Work Health and Safety laws. However, the extent to which educational institutions are currently open to staff or students varies across states and territories.
You should follow the advice of the education, health and WHS authorities in your state or territory. The Australian Government Department of Health has also published guidance on reducing the risk of COVID-19 transmission in educational institutions.
If there is a case of COVID-19 in your workplace, your state or territory health authority will contact you and provide you with advice about what needs to be done.
Where can I get more information?
- Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) - Advice on reducing the potential risk of COVID-19 transmission in schools
- Department of Health - Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for universities, higher education and vocational education facilities, their students and staff
- Department of Education, Skills and Employment - Coronavirus (COVID) Information for higher education providers
- Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Australia - COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – Latest regulatory advice
- Australian Disability Clearing House on Education and Training - COVID-19 FAQ
Department of Education and Training
Victorian Registrations & Qualifications Authority - COVID-19: Employer information and FAQs
New South Wales
- Department of the Premier and Cabinet - COVID-19 coronavirus: Advice for schools and education
- Western Australian Training and Workforce Development - COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
- Department of Education - Novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- TasTAFE - Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) – student and staff updates
- Education and Care - Information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
Australian Capital Territory
- ACT Government COVID-19 website - Education and childcare
- Canberra Institute of Technology - Response to COVID19
- Department of Education - Information for parents and carers about NTG schools for Term 2, 2020
- Charles Darwin University - Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates