This page includes resources for workplaces in the Stevedoring and Port Operations industries on work health and safety, workers’ compensation and COVID-19.
Stevedoring and port operations involves a range of commercial port, maritime and dockside functions, including:
- ship loading or unloading services
- stevedoring services
- coal loader operations
- container terminal operations
- grain loader operations
- port operations
- ship mooring services
- water freight terminal operations
- water passenger terminal operations
- wharf operation, and
- other water transport support services, such as pilotage and salvage.
Workplaces may include quays, wharfs, freight stations or freight terminals, shipping channels, land and waters adjacent to the wharf and office amenities or administration buildings.