This page includes resources for workplaces in the Ski and Snow industry on work health and safety, workers’ compensation and COVID-19.
We also have information for the following sectors:
- Hospitality including dining in services and functions
- Accommodation including shared accommodation;
- Beauty salons and day spas
- Childcare services (see early childhood education)
- Public transport
The ski and snow industry in Australia involves providing winter recreation services and goods to the public, including skiing, snowboarding and ski-field hospitality, retail and accommodation. This includes:
- Ski resort / ski-field operations, including lifts
- Equipment and clothing hire
- Ski resort/ ski-field accommodation (link to accommodation services guidance)
- Food and beverage services at ski resorts / ski-fields (link to hospitality guidance)
- Ski retail services (link to retail guidance)
Workplaces may include areas where workers interact with visitors in open, outdoor spaces such as ski‑fields, ski-lifts and ski-school practice slopes; and indoor spaces such as ski and snow equipment rental and sales outlets, hotels, hostels, bars and restaurants.
The Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) has also published the AIS Framework for Rebooting Sport in a COVID-19 Environment which provides advice on how to resume high performance and professional sport, and community and individual sport. This framework aligns with the National principles for the resumption of sport and recreation activities.