This page includes resources for workplaces in the Health Care industry on work health and safety, workers’ compensation and COVID-19.
We also have information for the Aged Care industry.
The Health Care industry provides services and facilities to people of all ages, including:
- hospitals including emergency, inpatient and outpatient care
- general practice and specialist medical services
- pathology and diagnostic imaging services
- dental services
- optometry and optical dispensing
- physiotherapy services
- chiropractic and osteopathic services
- other allied health services, and
- ambulance services.
Workplaces may include public and private hospitals, doctor and dental surgeries, clinics, pathology centres, and ambulance stations. Some Health care services are provided in private homes or through telemedicine online.