WorkSafe Victoria's responsibilities include:
- help avoid workplace injuries occurring
- enforce Victoria's occupational health and safety laws
- provide reasonably priced workplace injury insurance for employers
- help injured workers back into the workforce
- manage the workers' compensation scheme by ensuring the prompt delivery of appropriate services and adopting prudent financial practices.
Clean Energy Regulator
Regulator for clean energy and renewable energy (electricity).
Energy Safe Victoria
In Victoria, regulations covering electrical equipment safety and efficiency are administered by Energy Safe Victoria (ESV). The key functions of ESV include:
- overseeing the design, construction and maintenance of electricity, gas and pipeline networks
- licensing and registering electricians, and
- issuing and auditing Certificates of Electrical Safety.