SafeWork NSW is the state’s workplace health and safety regulator. It focuses on harm prevention and improving the safety culture in NSW workplaces.
- offers advice on improving work health and safety
- provides licensing and registration for potentially dangerous work
- provides testing services
- investigates workplace incidents
- enforces work health and safety laws in NSW.
State Insurance Regulatory Authority
The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) is the NSW government agency responsible for regulating workers and home building compensation insurance and motor accidents compulsory third party (CTP) insurance.
NSW Government – Planning and Environment – Mine Safety and Health
NSW Mine Safety is the regulator of both general and specific health and safety Acts for the mining and onshore petroleum industries. The division ensures that industry satisfies community and government expectations for safety, health, mine subsidence and resource extraction by close stakeholder consultation and enforcing and promoting world-leading practices.
Phone: 1300 814 609