On this page:

SafeWork NSW

SafeWork NSW is the state’s workplace health and safety regulator (with the exception of mines and petroleum sites). It focuses on harm prevention and improving the safety culture in NSW workplaces.

SafeWork NSW:

  • offers advice on improving work health and safety
  • provides licensing and registration for potentially dangerous work
  • provides testing services
  • investigates workplace incidents
  • information on electrical work, and
  • enforces work health and safety laws in NSW.

Contact details

Website: www.safework.nsw.gov.au
Email: contact@safework.nsw.gov.au
Phone: 13 10 50

NSW Resources Regulator

The NSW Resources Regulator is the state’s work health and safety regulator for mines and petroleum sites. This includes open-cut and underground mines, petroleum sites, quarries and extractive operations, tourist mines, opal and other small scale mines and mining exploration activities.

The Regulator:

  • receives and considers complaints, safety incident notifications and requests from interested parties
  • provides information and guidance about safety and other regulatory obligations to protect and support industry, workers, the community and the state
  • conducts inspections and investigations
  • assesses licensing and registration applications
  • assesses and grants applications for occupational licences (practising certificates and certificates of competence)
  • takes enforcement action such as issuing prohibition and other statutory notices and taking prosecution action
  • supports and administers the NSW Mine Safety Advisory Council and NSW Mining and Petroleum Competence Board, and
  • administers the mine and petroleum site safety fund (mine safety levy).

Contact details

Website: www.resourcesregulator.nsw.gov.au
Email: cau@planning.nsw.gov.au
Phone: 1300 814 609

State Insurance Regulatory Authority

The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) is the NSW government agency responsible for regulating workers and home building compensation insurance and motor accidents compulsory third party (CTP) insurance.

Contact details

Website: www.sira.nsw.gov.au
Email: contact@sira.nsw.gov.au

Electricity Regulators

NSW Government – Planning and Environment – Energy, Water and Portfolio Strategy

For electrical safety and regulatory matters in NSW.

Contact details

Website: www.energy.nsw.gov.au
Email: energy@planning.nsw.gov.au
Phone: (02) 8275 1935

Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal NSW (IPART)

IPART is the NSW government agency licence administrator of energy and scheme administrator and regulator for the Energy Savings Scheme.

Contact details

Website: www.ipart.nsw.gov.au/Home/Industries/Energy/Energy-Networks-Safety-Reliability-and-Compliance
Email: ipart@ipart.nsw.gov.au
Phone: (02) 9290 8400

NSW Fair Trading

Electrical Safety and licensing in NSW.

Contact details

Website: www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
Phone: 13 32 20

Can't find what you're looking for?

Please let us know.

Share this page:

Facebook    LinkedIn    Twitter    Email