This guidance provides information for PCBUs on how to manage the risks at a workplace associated with the inspection, maintenance and operation of cranes and other plant types, including quick hitches for earthmoving machinery.
- guidance on managing risks associated with cranes, including tower cranes and mobile cranes
- information sheets on how to manage risks associated with a number of crane variants and attachments, including:
- bridge and gantry cranes
- powered mobile plant used as a crane
- vessel mounted cranes
- vehicle loading cranes, and
- crane-lifted work boxes
- an information sheet on quick hitches for earthmoving machinery.
The Guide to Tower Cranes was amended on 21 March 2016 and republished in July 2016.