Skills Recognition and Development
217. The Agency may fund professional development needs that relate to an essential qualification required to perform an employee’s duties. The approval of funding is at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer. The Chief Executive Officer may also approve funding of other professional development needs.
Study Assistance Scheme
218. The Agency may fund formal study in fields which link to the achievement of the Agency’s strategic goals or which meet the employee’s career development needs. The approval of funding is at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
219. Employees on an approved course of study may also be eligible for Study Leave. For further information on the Study Assistance Scheme, refer to the Safe Work Australia Study Assistance Guidelines.
Performance and Development Scheme
220. All employees are required to participate in the Performance and Development Scheme, including having a Performance Development Agreement in place for each Performance Assessment Cycle.
221. Non-ongoing employees engaged for less than four months are not required to have a Performance Development Agreement.
222. The following 5-point rating scale will apply to the Performance and Development Scheme during the life of this Agreement:
- Rating 5 - High Performing
- Rating 4 - Superior
- Rating 3 - Satisfactory
- Rating 2 - Requires Improvement
- Rating 1 - Unsatisfactory
223. For further information regarding the Performance and Development Scheme, refer to the Safe Work Australia Performance and Development Policy.
Workplace Health and Wellbeing
224. The Agency will develop and maintain an annual Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
225. The Agency will establish a Work Health and Safety (WHS) Committee, which will form part of the responsibilities of the Employee Consultative Forum.