Safe Work Australia Broadbands
51. Safe Work Australia Broadbands applicable to Agency employees covered by this Agreement are detailed in 51. Safe Work Australia Broadbands applicable to Agency employees covered by this Agreement are detailed in Appendices 1, 2 and 3.
52. Broadbanding describes the action of combining two or more classification levels in a single broadband level.
Safe Work Australia Training Broadband
53. The Safe Work Australia Training Broadband at Appendix 3 is used for those employees required to undertake a mandatory training or development program whose progression is subject to successful completion of that program.
54. In addition to the training classifications provided for in this Agreement, the Chief Executive Officer may assign other classifications to the Safe Work Australia Training Broadband relevant to the training and development program being undertaken by an employee or to ensure consistency with Whole of Government approaches. Where a Whole of Government approach is taken in relation to a training and development program, the Whole of Government provisions will apply on like conditions to the extent of any inconsistency.
Safe Work Australia Graduates
55. The Chief Executive Officer may engage a person as a Safe Work Australia Graduate.
56. Safe Work Australia Graduates will enter the Agency at the APS3 classification level within the Safe Work Australia Training Broadband at Appendix 3. The salary will be the base point of the APS3 classification level unless the Chief Executive Officer approves payment of a higher salary having regard to the experience, qualifications, skills and previous salary of the employee.
57. On successful completion of the Graduate Programme, Safe Work Australia Graduates will be assessed in accordance with the Performance and Development Scheme in Part I of this Agreement for advancement to the APS4 classification level within the Training Broadband. They may then be moved at the APS4 classification level into the Safe Work Australia Broadband Level 2.
58. Employees engaged as Cadet APS will undertake a course of study as determined by the Chief Executive Officer. Cadet APS will be assigned a classification level within the Safe Work Australia Training Broadband.
59. On successful completion of their course of study and a final twelve week work placement, Cadets will be allocated to the APS3 classification level. The employee will then be integrated within the Safe Work Australia Broadband Level 1 described in Appendix 1. The salary will be set at the base salary point of the APS3 classification level unless the Chief Executive Officer determines otherwise having regard to the experience, qualifications and skills of the employee.