The Safe Work Australia Enterprise Agreement 2019–2022 sets out our employment terms and conditions.
We offer competitive salary and salary packaging arrangements, with:
- potential for yearly salary advancement
- options for broadband advancement through the APS 1 to APS 3, APS 4 to APS 6 and Government Lawyer levels.
We make a 15.4% employer contribution into PSS accumulation plan (or fund of choice).
Staff in these roles get a fortnightly allowance:
- First Aid Officer
- Health and Safety Representative
- Floor or Fire Warden
- Harassment Contact Officer.
Our standard working week is 37 hours and 30 minutes within a 7am-7pm bandwidth.
For staff at or below APS level 6, we offer:
- flex time
- overtime, penalty rates and overtime meal allowances.
For staff at the Executive level we offer:
- time off in lieu.
Emergency duty payment and reimbursement for associated child-care is available where applicable.
Our leave arrangements are:
- 4 weeks of annual leave each year
- 18 days paid personal/carer's leave each year
- 16 weeks paid maternity leave available at full pay or 32 weeks at half pay
- 4 weeks paid parental leave for supporting partners
- up to 24 months unpaid parental leave
- up to 3 days compassionate leave for each occasion.
Staff may apply for:
- purchased leave
- miscellaneous leave with or without pay
- leave for community service and defence reserve obligations
- paid adoption and permanent foster care leave in line with maternity leave entitlements.
We have paid time off during Christmas closedown without deduction from leave balances.
Christmas closedown is from 12.30pm on the last working day before Christmas day to the first working day after New Year's Day.
Professional development may be accessed through:
- a $1,500 individual learning and development allowance each year
- generous studies assistance arrangements such as paid leave, unpaid leave, and reimbursement up to $4,000 each year
- a comprehensive graduate development program.
Our inclusive workplace practices include:
- accreditation as a breastfeeding friendly workplace
- member of Pride in Diversity
- personalised plans for employees with disability
- encouraging people with disability to apply for jobs through the RecruitAbility scheme
- an active Workplace Inclusion Network.
Health, wellbeing and work life balance
Health and wellbeing is a priority. Our workplace offers access to:
- a range of flexible working arrangements, including part time and working from home
- $200 health and wellbeing reimbursement each year
- sit to stand desks at all workstations
- Employee Assistance Program services for staff and their family
- an active social calendar for fundraising and community awareness.
We also have a range of health and wellbeing initiatives, including:
- access to discounted gym membership
- weekly fruit supplies
- annual flu vaccinations.