Being a graduate at Safe Work Australia gives you all the benefits of joining our excellent team.
We welcome people with diverse skills and experiences, who want to contribute to healthy and safe Australian workplaces.
What a Safe Work Australia graduate does
As one of our graduates, you’ll be based in Canberra and be a member of the Australian Public Service.
- get hands-on, practical experience
- contribute to our meaningful work
- learn and develop your skills.
As a graduate with us, you get the same benefits of working as part of our team, plus you will:
- take part in the Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) Graduate Development Program
- do 3 workplace rotations to develop your skills and learn about the agency
- complete a major project, as part of the Graduate Development Program
- get mentoring.
We will also help you with:
- ongoing employment when you finish the graduate program
- moving if you live outside Canberra.
Applying to be a graduate
We employ graduates through:
- our current vacancies
- the Australian Government Graduate Program (AGGP) (register to get opportunity updates)
- the Indigenous Graduate Pathway
Applications for our agency graduate recruitment process are now open. To apply please visit the job advertisement on APS Jobs and follow the instructions.
Applications close 11.30pm (AEDT) Sunday 1 August 2021. The assessment of applications will take place in August and successful applicants will move through to the next stage of the assessment process. If you have any queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible to be a Safe Work Australia graduate?
To be a part of our 2022 graduate program you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- have completed (within the last 5 years) or will complete by January 2022, an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with a credit average or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution
- undertake a police and character check
- be able to start full time work in Canberra by February 2022
- be willing to move to Canberra.
Generalist, data and STEM applicants
We are a participating agency in the generalist, data and STEM streams as part of the AGGP.
If you apply to one of these streams through the AGGP, a range of Australian Government agencies can consider you.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduates
We also recruit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduates through the Indigenous Graduate Pathway.
You only need to apply once to the Indigenous Graduate Pathway to access a range of opportunities in the Australian Government.
Email us to find out more about the graduate program.