Under the model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations certain types of work and facilities require licensing. These include:

Who to contact about your licence

Work health and safety regulators are responsible for licensing matters in their state or territory. If you would like to apply, renew, have lost your licence or have questions relating to your licence please contact your local work health and safety regulator.


For more information on the high risk work licensing training requirements see Schedule 4 of the model WHS Regulations. This Schedule contains a list of the 29 high risk work units of competency that require successful completion to obtain a HRW licence.

For more information on demolition licensing training requirements please contact your local work health and safety regulator.

Visit the website for details of the relevant units of competency and registered training organisations who are nationally accredited to deliver this training nationally.


Questions should be emailed to

Quick links and Initiatives


Information Publication Scheme FOI Disclosure Log

Bottom navigation