Decision Regulation Impact Statements
Under the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) requirements, a Regulation Impact Statement (RIS) is required for all agreements and decisions made by COAG, Commonwealth-State Ministerial Councils and national standard setting bodies.
The development of a COAG RIS is a two-stage process involving a Consultation RIS and a Decision RIS. The RIS examines issues which have given rise to the need for action, the desired objectives, and the options for achieving these, including their costs and benefits.
The Decision RISs developed for harmonisation are available below.
- Decision Regulation Impact Statement for a Model Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Decision Regulation Impact Statement for national harmonisation of Work Health and Safety Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Decision Regulation Impact Statement for the model Code of Practice: Managing risks in stevedoring
- Decision Regulation Impact Statement for Explosives Regulation in Australia
- Decision Regulation Impact Statement for managing risks associated with lead in the workplace: Blood lead removal levels and workplace exposure standard