Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward - Frequently asked questions
What is the Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward?
The Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward will be given to one workplace for outstanding participation in and support for Safe Work Australia Month in 2014.
How do organisations enter?
- Someone within the organisation needs to be registered with Safe Work Australia as a 2014 Safety Ambassador by the end of Safe Work Australia Month—31 October 2014.
- Complete the entry form which is included in the Safety Ambassadors Resource Kit or available on the Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward page.
- Submit your entry form and any supporting material by 5:00pm AEDT, Friday 21 November 2014.
What are the criteria for the reward?
Entries for the 2014 Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward will be judged on three main criteria:
- Spirit – how did your workplace demonstrate passion and enthusiasm during safety month and how were safety messages conveyed throughout the organisation?
- Participation – how well did the organisation participate in safety month, how many people got involved, how was involvement encouraged and what was the attitude towards participating?
- Creativity – what events or activities did the organisation hold during safety month? Were the events creative, strategic or engaging and what did they achieve?
- Sustainability – how will the safety messages and initiatives implemented in your workplace during safety month contribute to safety on an ongoing basis?
Who are the judges?
A panel of three judges convened by Safe Work Australia’s Acting Chief Executive Officer will determine the winner of the 2014 Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward.
What are the key dates?
The key dates for the Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward are as follows:
- 1 – 31 October 2014 – Safe Work Australia Month is held.
- 31 October 2014 – Entries to the Reward open at 9:00 am AEDT on 31 October 2014. Your workplace must have a representative registered as a Safety Ambassador by 31 October (the last day of safety month) to be eligible to enter the Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward. All entries must be received by 5:00 pm AEDT on 21 November 2014. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- 21 November 2014 – closing date for entries into the Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward. Entry forms and supporting information must be received by 5:00 pm AEDT.
- 9 December 2014 –Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward winner announced.
What does the winner receive?
The winner of the 2014 Safety Month Workplace Participation Reward will receive a prize pack valued at up to $5000 (GST inclusive) for:
- registration fees for one work health and safety conference, expo or event, based in Australia in 2015
- return economy airfares from the winners’ nearest port, and
- accommodation and ground transfers.
See terms and conditions for details.
Are there any terms and conditions for the reward?
Is the winner required to do anything?
Safe Work Australia will be in contact with the winning organisation to obtain more information for promotional purposes and to organise arrangements for the prize. The winner may organise additional media or publicity in their own time and at their own expense.
Who can I contact for more information about Safe Work Australia Month?
For more information about Safe Work Australia Month and the Safety Ambassador Program, see the Safe Work Australia Month Frequently Asked Questions on the Safe Work Australia website or contact Safe Work Australia via:
- 1300 551 832