In October, employers and workers are encouraged to participate in events and activities that raise awareness of work health and safety and reduce workplace injury and illness.
While the month puts a strong focus on work health and safety during October, workplace health and safety should remain a priority all year round. Continue reinforcing your health and safety messages to ensure work health and safety is not forgotten.
Questions about National Safe Work Month can be directed to NSWM@swa.gov.au
Latest News and Information
- Congratulations to the 2015 Workplace Participation Reward winner!
- Ministerial media release - Be safe. Be healthy. Because… your actions...
- Watch the closing address from the Minister for Employment
- Howe Farming: Be Safe. Be Healthy. Because there’s so much more to look forward to
- Ann Sherry: Be Safe. Be Healthy. Because it makes good business sense
- About National Safe Work Month
Electronic Information Kit
Download a variety of free resources to raise awareness in your workplace.
Find out where a work health and safety event is happening near you.
Read and share our national work health and safety statistics.
Workplace Participation Reward
Find out what the 2015 Workplace Participation Reward winner did during National Safe Work Month.
National Safe Work Month App
Download the free smart phone application to access events and participate on your phone.
Virtual Seminar Series
Watch and participate in free online seminars showcasing innovation and research in work health and safety.