Media, news and events
Safe Work Australia works with the Commonwealth, states and territories, community groups, industry, employers and workers to promote work health and safety.
On this page you will find:
- News: latest Safe Work Australia news
- Media centre: Safe Work Australia media releases
- Media contact: contact details for all media enquiries
- Social media: connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and SoundCloud
- Subscribe: to keep up-to-date with upcoming Safe Work Australia news and events subscribe to our online mailing list
- RSS feeds are available for:
- National Safe Work Month is held in October each year and encourages employers and workers to promote positive work health and safety in the workplace.
- Virtual Seminar Series is a series of free videos, presentations and podcasts that showcase the latest thinking, innovation, research and developments in work health and safety.
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work and Workers’ Memorial Day on 28 April 2016 is a day to focus on taking actions that can prevent work-related deaths, injuries and illnesses, and a day to remember those who have died from a work-related injury or illness.
- Awards: Safe Work Australia recognises excellence in work health and safety by promoting and supporting state and territory awards.
- State and territory events: find out what is happening in your state or territory.
- Upcoming work health and safety events.