Annual Safe Work Australia Awards
The finalists for the Safe Work Australia awards (the Awards) have been announced!
Now in their 9th year, the Awards recognise and celebrate excellence in work health and safety at a national level.
This year there are 37 finalists competing across the four categories. These finalists are winners from the 2013 state, territory and Comcare awards. In some categories there is more than one finalist from a jurisdiction. This is because there were multiple winners in that category.
The winners will be announced on Monday, 28 April 2014.
Category 1 - Best Workplace Health and Safety Management System
This award recognises demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of workplace health and safety through the implementation of an integrated systems approach.
Meet the finalists from category 1
- State Water Corporation (NSW)
- Veolia Australia and New Zealand (NSW)
- Seqwater (QLD)
- George Weston Foods – Tip Top South Australia (SA)
- Tasmanian Health Organisation – North (TAS)
- VEC Civil Engineering Pty Ltd (TAS)
- Technology Assisting Disability WA (WA)
- Western Australia Police (WA)
- 303 Squadron Australian Air Force Cadets (Comcare)
Category 2 - Best Solution to an Identified Workplace Health and Safety Issue
This award recognises excellence in developing and implementing a solution to an identified workplace health and safety issue. Entries for this award may include a product solution, design/engineering innovation, training program, awareness raising activity or other risk control measure that reduces the risk of work-related injury and disease.
Meet the finalists from category 2
- Bridge Solutions Alliance (NSW)
- Frasers Livestock Transport (QLD)
- City of Charles Sturt (SA)
- Flinders Logistics (SA)
- SA Water (SA)
- Huon Aquaculture Group Pty Ltd (TAS)
- Tulla Sydney Alliance (VIC)
- CodeSafe Solutions (VIC)
- Centurion (WA)
- Bis Industries (Comcare)
- Royal Australia Navy (Comcare)
Category 3 - Best Workplace Health and Safety Practice/s in a Small Business
This award recognises high standard workplace health and safety practices in a small business. This category is limited to small businesses that have fewer than 20 employees or full-time equivalents.
Meet the finalists from category 3
- Zetco Valves Pty Ltd (NSW)
- Core Developments NQ Pty Ltd (QLD)
- First In Sports First Aid (SA)
- Select Roofing + Guttering Pty Ltd (TAS)
Category 4 - Best Individual Contribution to Workplace Health and Safety
This award recognises individuals who have made an exceptional difference to health and safety.
Meet the finalists from category 4 - contribution by an employee
Finalists – contribution by an employee
- Rodney Cook – Northcoast Institute of TAFE (NSW)
- Tian Oosthuizen – Arrium Mining (SA)
- Dan Barich – Caterpillar Underground Mining Pty Ltd (TAS)
- Jedda McGlinchey – Ambulance Victoria (VIC)
- Joesph Dunbar – Cooper & Oxley (WA)
- Brendan Ross – bioCSL (Comcare)
Finalists – contribution by a work health and safety manager
- Sean Redmond – TOT Transport (NSW)
- Jennifer Bell – RSPCA QLD (QLD)
- Mark Burton – Renniks Hire (SA)
- Ted Bell – TAS Gas (TAS)
- Phyllip Bix – Department of Justice (VIC)
- Michael Garstone – SCEE (WA)
- Robert Williams – Department of Defence - Joint Health Command (Comcare)
Past Safe Work Australia Awards
- 8th annual Safe Work Australia Awards
- 7th annual Safe Work Australia Awards
- 6th annual Safe Work Australia Awards
- 5th annual Safe Work Australia Awards
- 2008 national Safe Work Australia Awards
- 2007 national Safe Work Australia Awards
- 2006 national Safe Work Australia Awards
- 2005 national Safe Work Australia Awards