Heads Up: The business case for creating a mentally healthy workplace
Rate this seminar by answering three quick questions.
About this seminar
This brief video provides some compelling evidence to demonstrate that creating a mentally healthy workplace is good for business.
Providing a mentally healthy workplace not only protects workers from psychological harm but positively enhances their mental health. There is evidence it can also increase productivity and peak performance in individuals, teams and organisations.
Who is this presentation for?
This presentation is for business managers, supervisors, health and safety and mental health professionals, and workers.
- Heads Up website
- Heads Up – action plan
- Further resources from around the world about mental health in the workplace: Heads Up – training and resources
- Comcare and the Australian Public Service Commission guide Working Together: Promoting mental health and wellbeing at work
- Mentally Healthy Workplace Alliance
- Leanne Faulkner’s Fortitude blog
- Mental Health Online
- Mind Health Connect
- Defence Mental Health Online
- Becoming a mentally healthy small business
- Infographic – work-related mental disorders
- Mates in Construction
- Business in Mind is a workplace mental health promotion program designed for small to medium enterprise owner/managers
2014 VSS items
- High performing sustainable workplaces and mental health – part 1
- High performing sustainable workplaces and mental health – part 2
- Leaders: Heads Up on mental health
About the presenter
The Mentally Healthy Workplace Alliance partnered with beyondblue to roll out the national Heads Up campaign. Heads Up encourages everyone in the workplace to play their part in creating a mentally healthy working environment, take care of their own mental health, and look out for their colleagues.
Heads Up provides a range of simple, practical and achievable resource material, tools and support services for all businesses large and small across all sectors.
Visit the Heads Up website to find a range of information, resources, tools and support to create a more mentally healthy workplace.
About the Virtual Seminar Series
The Australian Strategy Virtual Seminar Series is a free online event run throughout National Safe Work Month in October.
The seminars showcase the latest work health and safety thinking, developments, innovations and research that support the Australian Strategy vision of healthy safe and productive working lives.
Throughout October, we feature live broadcasts, online Q&A, video presentations, infographics, research and data, presented by Safe Work Australia Members, business leaders, academics and work health and safety experts.
Drawn from the Australian Work Health and Safety Strategy 2012–2022, the themes for the 2015 Virtual Seminar Series are good work design and safety throughout supply chains and will focus on the construction and manufacturing industries.
Use the hashtag #virtualWHS to take part in our online discussions and Q&A sessions, and keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates and info from Safe Work Australia.
Our virtual seminars will also be made available on Safe Work Australia's YouTube channel.