Workplace Standards Tasmania
Workplace Standards administers many of the laws that regulate businesses in Tasmania including work health and safety laws.
Workplace Standards activities include:
- conducting accident and incident investigations
- undertaking audits for compliance with the law
- delivering awareness and educational programs
- providing advice, including a Helpline telephone service to the public
- assessing and processing licenses and permits
- providing strategic policy analysis and advice, and
- accrediting building practitioners.
Contact details:Website: www.wst.tas.gov.au
Phone: 03 6233 7657 (outside Tasmania) or 1300 366 322 (inside Tasmania)
WorkCover is an independent body with responsibilities under the Workers Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 and Workplace Health and Safety Act 2012.
WorkCover Tasmania works with Tasmanian employers, workers, insurers, doctors and others to reduce work-related injury and illness in Tasmania and aid the early return to work of injured workers.
To achieve this, WorkCover:
- promotes prompt and effective injury management
- promotes safer and healthier workplaces, through providing health and safety information and practical guidance, and
- manages the workers’ compensation scheme and monitor the performance of scheme participants.
Contact details:Website: www.workcover.tas.gov.au
Phone: 03 6233 7657 (outside Tasmania) or 1300 776 572 (inside Tasmania)