Work health and safety and workers' compensation regulators
Safe Work Australia does not have responsibility for regulating work health and safety laws or workers’ compensation schemes. Find out more about Safe Work Australia’s role and functions.
It is the responsibility of the Commonwealth, states and territories to regulate and enforce work health and safety and administer workers’ compensation schemes in their jurisdiction.
Please contact your local work health and safety or workers’ compensation regulator for information and advice on:
- Complying with work health and safety laws.
- Reporting a workplace incident.
- Renewing or applying for licences.
- Injury and workers’ compensation claims.
- Workers’ compensation insurance and premiums.
- Registration and notification of plant and plant designs.
- Health and safety representative training.
- Work health and safety training and assessment.
Find a regulator in your state or territory