New South Wales regulators
SafeWork NSW is the state’s workplace health and safety regulator. It focuses on harm prevention and improving the safety culture in NSW workplaces.
- offers advice on improving work health and safety
- provides licensing and registration for potentially dangerous work
- provides testing services
- investigates workplace incidents, and
- enforces work health and safety laws in NSW.
Contact details:Website: www.safework.nsw.gov.au
Phone: 13 10 50
NSW Department of Trade and Investment – Division of Resources and Energy – Mine Safety
Mine Safety is the regulator of both general and specific health and safety Acts for the mining and onshore petroleum industries. The division ensures that industry satisfies community and government expectations for safety, health, mine subsidence and resource extraction by close stakeholder consultation and enforcing and promoting world-leading practices.
Contact details:Website: www.resources.nsw.gov.au/safety
Phone: 02 8281 7777 – Head Office
Phone: 1300 736 122 – Maitland Office – Mineral Resources