Who we are
Safe Work Australia works to:
- coordinate and develop national policy and strategies
- assist with the implementation of model work health and safety legislation and reform the legislative framework
- undertake research, and
- collect, analyse and report data.
Further information on our functions can be found under About Safe Work Australia.
As at 2 January 2015 Safe Work Australia is structured into four branches sitting under the CEO. The sections for each branch are outlined below:
- Review and Engagement Branch
- Corporate and Legal Policy
- Implementation and Review
- Secretariat, and
- Australian Strategy.
- Policy and Services Branch
- Data and Analysis
- Research and Evaluation
- Finance, and
- People and Planning.
- Work Health and Safety Branch
- Occupational Hygiene, and
- Plant and Licensing.
- Explosives and Guidance Branch
- Codes and Guidance, and
Safe Work Australia’s ABN is 81 840 374 163.
Further information about who we are can be found in the following:
- About Safe Work Australia
- Our Members
- Annual Reports
- Safe Work Australia fact sheet
- Corporate information
- Strategic and Operational plans