Who we are
Safe Work Australia works to:
- coordinate and develop national policy and strategies
- assist with the implementation of model work health and safety legislation and reform the legislative framework
- undertake research, and
- collect, analyse and report data.
Further information on our functions can be found under About Safe Work Australia.
As at 4 February 2016 Safe Work Australia is structured into three branches.
The Chief Executive Officer oversees:
Evidence and Explosives Branch
- Explosives Policy
- Data and Analysis, and
- Research and Evaluation.
Legal and Strategic Policy Branch
- Strategic and Compensation Policy
- WHS Framework and Review, and
The Deputy Chief Executive Officer oversees:
WHS Technical Policy Branch
- Plant and Licensing
- Occupational Hygiene, and
- Industry Policy.
Special Adviser - Engagement
Safe Work Australia’s ABN is 81 840 374 163.
Further information about who we are can be found in the following: