Who we are
The Agency of approximately 100 staff work together with Members to deliver the objectives identified in Safe Work Australia’s strategic and operational plans.
Safe Work Australia works to:
- coordinate and develop national policy and strategies
- assist with the implementation of model work health and safety legislation and reform the legislative framework
- undertake research, and
- collect, analyse and report data.
Further information on our functions can be found under About Safe Work Australia.
As at 1 October 2013 the Agency is structured into three branches sitting under the CEO which is further divided into sections as well as two Executive sections coming directly under the CEO:
- Work Health and Safety and Corporate Governance Branch
- Legal Section
- Implementation and Review Section
- Secretariat and Governance Section, and
- Australian Strategy.
- Policy and Services Branch
- Data and Analysis Section
- Research and Evaluation Section
- Policy and Planning Section, and
- Finance and Business Services Section.
- Technical Codes and Guidance Branch
- Codes and Co-ordination
- Work Health Section
- Plant and Structures Section, and
- Technical Review and Assessment.
- Office of the CEO
- Executive Officer
- Communications and Publishing Section, and
- People and Performance.
- Explosives Policy
Safe Work Australia’s ABN is 81 840 374 163.
Further information about who we are can be found in the following: