Who we are
The Agency of approximately 100 staff work together with Members to deliver the objectives identified in Safe Work Australia’s strategic and operational plans.
Safe Work Australia works to:
- coordinate and develop national policy and strategies
- assist with the implementation of model work health and safety legislation and reform the legislative framework
- undertake research, and
- collect, analyse and report data.
Further information on our functions can be found under About Safe Work Australia.
As at 17 February 2014 Safe Work Australia is structured into three branches sitting under the CEO. The sections for each branch are outlined below:
- Review and Engagement Branch
- Corporate and Legal Policy
- Communications and Publishing
- Implementation and Review
- Australian Strategy, and
- Policy and Services Branch
- People and Planning
- Data and Analysis
- Research and Evaluation
- Policy, and
- Work Health and Safety Branch
- Codes and Guidance
- Occupational Hygiene
- Explosives, and
- Plant and Licensing.
Safe Work Australia’s ABN is 81 840 374 163.
Further information about who we are can be found in the following: