Who we are
Safe Work Australia works to:
- coordinate and develop national policy and strategies
- assist with the implementation of model work health and safety legislation and reform the legislative framework
- undertake research, and
- collect, analyse and report data.
Further information on our functions can be found under About Safe Work Australia.
As at 17 February 2014 Safe Work Australia is structured into three branches sitting under the CEO. The sections for each branch are outlined below:
- Review and Engagement Branch
- Corporate and Legal Policy
- Implementation and Review
- Secretariat, and
- Australian Strategy.
- Policy and Services Branch
- Data and Analysis
- Research and Evaluation
- Finance, and
- People and Planning.
- Work Health and Safety Branch
- Codes and Guidance
- Occupational Hygiene
- Plant and Licensing, and
Safe Work Australia’s ABN is 81 840 374 163.
Further information about who we are can be found in the following: