Contracts (Murray Motion)
Senate Order 192 of 20 June 2001 requires agencies to publish a list, available via their web site, which includes the following details relating to contracts entered into by the agency:
- Each contract entered into by the agency which has not been
fully performed or which has been entered into in the previous 12 months,
and which provides for a consideration to the value of $100,000 or more
- The amount of consideration for each contract
- The contractor and the subject matter of each contract
- Whether each contract contains provisions requiring the parties to maintain confidentiality of any of its provisions, or whether any provisions of the contract are regarded by the parties as confidential, and a statement of reasons for confidentiality
- An estimate of the cost of complying with this order, and
- The method used to estimate the cost of compliance.
The estimated cost of complying with the order for the 2014 calendar year contract listing is $2,500
This estimate is based of the time spent by relevant staff on compiling contract data, completing the Senate Order template, and obtaining authorisation for publishing on the Safe Work Australia web site.
For further information, please see the Department of Finance and Deregulation website.