Safe Work Australia Graduate Program
About the 2017 Safe Work Australia Graduate Program
Safe Work Australia is now seeking applications for the 2017 Graduate Program, with commencement from August 2016.
The 2017 Graduate Program offers:
- placements in a range of different work areas best suited to your skills and qualifications
- professional development including structured learning and development activities
- opportunities to establish networks with fellow graduates across the Australian Public Service (APS)
- buddy/mentoring program
- opportunities to be involved in a range of networks, social and fundraising events, and
- an attractive remuneration and conditions package, and
- relocation assistance (if required).
We offer career opportunities for highly talented and motivated graduates who have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, personal drive and enthusiasm, show initiative and flexibility.
We engage graduates from a broad range of disciplines including but not limited to:
- economics/econometrics/applied statistics
- research and data analysis
- work health and safety and related disciplines
- human resources and workplace relations
- strategic communications which may include specific skills such as website design, website management, graphic design, and
- chemicals related qualifications such as occupational hygiene.
About the Graduate Recruitment Process
Stage 1 – Eligibility requirements
To be eligible for the Safe Work Australia’s 2017 Graduate Program you must:
- be an Australian Citizen prior to the commencement of the Graduate Program
- have successfully completed an undergraduate degree (Bachelor or higher):
- before the Graduate Program commencement date, and
- no earlier than 1 August 2011, and
Stage 2 – Submit an online application before 11:59pm (AEST), Monday 16 May 2016
Your application must include:
- your current curriculum vitae (CV) outlining relevant skills and work experience
- a copy of your most recent university transcript
- your response to the selection criteria (no more than 400 words per criteria)
- contact details of two referees, one should be a current supervisor or if you are not currently employed, a previous supervisor or your university lecturer/supervisor.
Stage 3 – Assessing your application
In addition to the written application, the Selection Advisory Committee (SAC) will use a range of options to assess your application. Other assessments may include undertaking a writing test, preparing and presenting a short verbal presentation and/or attending an interview with the SAC.
If you are selected to attend an interview and are unable to make it in person, a telephone interview can be arranged. If you are found suitable to move to the next stage, you will be contacted and provided with details.
Stage 4 – Referee checks
If you perform well during the assessment stage, the SAC will contact your referees to ask specific questions about you to confirm their assessment.
Stage 5 – Offer of employment
If you are found to be successful, you will be contacted and made an offer of employment.
Note: The following dates are indicative only and may be subject to change
|Tuesday 19 April 2016||Applications open|
|11:59 pm Monday 16 May 2016||Applications close|
|May 2016||Assessment of applications commence|
|June 2016||Assessment of applications finalised|
|June/July 2016||Offers made|
|August 2016||Graduate program commences. If you are due to finish your studies in late 2016 an alternative commencement date will be arranged.|
Graduate program concludes
(Upon successful completion of the Safe Work Australia Graduate Program, participants will be offered a permanent position at the APS 4 classification).
Further information on the 2017 Graduate Program and how to apply can be found in the Candidate Information Kit.
2017 Graduate Program Candidate Information Kit (2017 Graduate Program Candidate Information KitPDF 345kb | 2017 Graduate Program Candidate Information KitDOCX 644kb )
Submit your application online through the Careers page.
Who do I contact if I want more information?
For further information please contact the Safe Work Australia Graduate Recruitment Team via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (02) 6240 5064