How to apply
If you are applying for the 2015 Graduate Programme, please email your application to email@example.com
Job applications templates
- Application cover sheet template (Application cover sheet templatePDF 62kb | Application cover sheet templateDOC 56kb)
- Referee report template (Referee report templatePDF 25kb | Referee report templateDOC 77kb)
What to include in your application
Your application should contain:
- A completed application cover sheet.
- A cover letter addressed to the contact officer.
- Your curriculum vitae (CV) or resume.
- Your statement of claims against the selection criteria.
- Completed referee reports – required only if specified under the heading ‘to apply’ in the selection documentation of the advertised position.
Claims against the selection criteria
Your claims against the selection criteria should be a separate document from your CV and must be titled ‘claims against selection criteria’. When addressing the selection criteria you should:
- display your competence or suitability in meeting all selection criteria, and
- provide specific examples to demonstrate and support your claims. Your examples should outline the situation, identifying the actions you took and summarise the results.
To be considered for the vacancy you must:
- meet all selection criteria, and
- provide enough information to demonstrate that you meet all selection criteria.
To be eligible for engagement as an Australian Public Service (APS) employee you must be an Australian citizen or are able to provide proof you are expecting to gain citizenship within the next two months.
If you have received a redundancy benefit from an APS agency or non-APS Commonwealth employer within the last 12 months you may apply for positions with Safe Work Australia, but the exclusion period based on the level of redundancy benefit received will apply.
Submitting your application
Your application must be received by the advertised closing date. If, for any reason you cannot submit your application by the closing date you must seek permission from the advertised contact person. An extension may be granted at the discretion of the contact officer and the selection committee, but this is not guaranteed.
Apply by email
Your application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by post
Applications received by post must be date stamped before the application close date.
The Recruitment Officer
Safe Work Australia
GPO Box 641
Canberra ACT 2601
Level 3, 220 Northbourne Ave
Braddon, ACT 2012
- Current vacancies – view the current career opportunities available at Safe Work Australia
- How we recruit – provides information how the recruitment process is conducted and information if you are offered a position
- Temporary employment register – apply for non-ongoing (temporary) employment opportunities
- Working at Safe Work Australia – find out about the benefits of working at Safe Work Australia
If you have a question about how to apply for a particular vacancy you can call the contact person on the position advertisement or the People and Performance Team via email at email@example.com or via the HR Hotline at 02 6240 5064.